Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] what are the programming language that helps in IOT apart from assembly ,C language??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAHUL_KUMAR

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what are the programming language one should know apart from C and assembly in IOT??
(i asked here coz experts can answer best)

There are lots of other languages used but I would guess the next most popular is Python.

Brian.

Does communication speed plays an important role in it??
if speed is considered ,then python is bit easier for programmer but it will generate more bigger hex code in comparison to c or assemply, No ?? certainly it wii affect the communication speed.

(i am unfamiliar to IOT)

In almost all cases, the speed the program runs will be very much faster than the internet link speed so it will have little effect on throughput.
You are correct though, it may produce bigger code but not necessarily slower code. Remember that the program itself rarely gets sent over the link, only data it receives or sends is sent.

Brian.

what are the programming language one should know apart from C and assembly in IOT??
(i asked here coz experts can answer best)

Hello,

for example: JavaScript (Node.js on ESP8266), Lua (also on ESP8266), Python (many IoTs). In some cases (in cloud) MATLAB.

Regards

javaScript is used in many iot platforms like PTC

The question is somewhat open ended; a remote IoT application may work on different modes, either exchanging data point to point with another device or central, working as client or server, etc... Each one of these scenarios require a distinct approach, therefore although a webserver is the most common use (so, a Web language/script may be suited) there is no general answer for this question as posed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back