+ Post New Thread
    Member level 5

Helped
    4 / 4
    Level

what are the programming language that helps in IOT apart from assembly ,C language??

what are the programming language one should know apart from C and assembly in IOT??
    (i asked here coz experts can answer best)

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    2nd Helpful Member
    Helped
    4410 / 4410
    Level

Re: what are the programming language that helps in IOT apart from assembly ,C langua

There are lots of other languages used but I would guess the next most popular is Python.

Brian.
    PLEASE - no friends requests or private emails, I simply don't have time to reply to them all.
    It's better to share your questions and answers on Edaboard so we can all benefit from each others experiences.

Member level 5

Helped
    4 / 4
    Level

Re: what are the programming language that helps in IOT apart from assembly ,C langua

Quote Originally Posted by betwixt View Post
    There are lots of other languages used but I would guess the next most popular is Python.

Brian.
    Does communication speed plays an important role in it??
    if speed is considered ,then python is bit easier for programmer but it will generate more bigger hex code in comparison to c or assemply, No ?? certainly it wii affect the communication speed.

(i am unfamiliar to IOT)

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    2nd Helpful Member
    Helped
    4410 / 4410
    Level

In almost all cases, the speed the program runs will be very much faster than the internet link speed so it will have little effect on throughput.
    You are correct though, it may produce bigger code but not necessarily slower code. Remember that the program itself rarely gets sent over the link, only data it receives or sends is sent.

Brian.
    PLEASE - no friends requests or private emails, I simply don't have time to reply to them all.
    It's better to share your questions and answers on Edaboard so we can all benefit from each others experiences.

Full Member level 2
    Helped
    20 / 20
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by RAHUL_KUMAR View Post
    what are the programming language one should know apart from C and assembly in IOT??
    (i asked here coz experts can answer best)
    Hello,

for example: JavaScript (Node.js on ESP8266), Lua (also on ESP8266), Python (many IoTs). In some cases (in cloud) MATLAB.

Regards

1 members found this post helpful.

Newbie level 6

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

javaScript is used in many iot platforms like PTC

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1114 / 1114
    Level
    Blog Entries

The question is somewhat open ended; a remote IoT application may work on different modes, either exchanging data point to point with another device or central, working as client or server, etc... Each one of these scenarios require a distinct approach, therefore although a webserver is the most common use (so, a Web language/script may be suited) there is no general answer for this question as posed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the world that you live in, You are the part that you're giving ( Renaissance )

--[[ ]]--