Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XML file generation from VHDL/Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahirsengine

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have some VHDL/Verilog code files, and I need to generate XML based hardware specifications files out of it.
Is there any way I can generated these files through software? I know/have Quartus and Vivado/ISE with me.

Thanks and Cheers

Tahir

Cant you use TCL scripts to generate the XML files, that could be generated during the compilation flow?

Cant you use TCL scripts to generate the XML files, that could be generated during the compilation flow?

Thanks for replying.
I searched all the directory, and can't find the XML file. Although there are some XML file. but surely they are not what I need.
So, can you please inform how to generate hardware specifications XML files with the TCL?

Are you referring to a specific specification standard? Please clarify.

I need to generate XML based hardware specifications file of the modules within my design. (I seriously dont know what this hardware specifications XML means). But yes I know a little bit format of these files. I checked all generated XML files within my project. So surely they are not what I requires.
I know up till this.

Hint: Actually, I want to import these files to Labview CLIP. And Labview CLIP only accepts xml files of the hardware. Now this the main problem.

Without knowing what you're trying to output, there is little we can do.
What does this XML contain? XML itself is pretty meaningless without some destination format.
I doubt many people use Labview CLIP here - and there must be tools for creating the appropriate XML.

Maybe you are talking about IP-XACT standard?
You can generate Component.xml file in Vivado for your IP by Packaging feature.
You can find all Xilinx's IPs described in IP-XACT standard in the following folder: ...\Vivado\<version>\data\ip\xilinx

Status
Not open for further replies.