Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do I get duplicate markers when loading and outputing a Calibre results database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a hierarchical Calibre reuslts violation markers database, meaning it tells me in exactly which subcell each violation belongs to, and coordinate in that subcell context, and properties telling me the location of that subcell reference in the topcell.

I want to take that DB, and remove the hierarchy, so that it doesnt tell me which subcell each violation is, and convert all coordiantes to topcell context. The count of the violations should remain the same.

I am trying the following (pesuedocode):

set L [layout create $DB_PATH]
$L rdbout $OUTPUT -cell [$L topcell] -layers [$L layers]

however, when i look at the $OUTPUT DB, it has MANY MORE violations, but all of the extra ones overlap the original ones. Why is this happening?
For example, original DB said: ruleX....10(100) (meaning 10 hierarchical, 100 flat violations), and the flattened DB says ruleX...1000 (i am expecting this number to be equal to 10, but when i view these markers, there are only 10 locations, but each location has like 100 shapes on top of each other.... just an example, these are not the real numbers).

Whys this happening?

Just a small advice: you can use "*drcCellName: 0" in your runset to get flat error database.

I know, but I want the original DB with hierarchy for review purposes. But I am writing a flow (for other purposes) that takes in 2 DBs, and to make sure that my flow can work on the DBs, I want them both to be flat (in case one of them isn't but the other is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back