Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Solving electrical circuit - loop method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piotrekn95

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to solve this circuit :

zad111.jpg

Just to be clear -the single circle with arrow means voltage source,
- double circle with arrow means current source (I wrote it here because i know that there are some differencies in some countries etc.)

I have to use loop method. My question is : Is it good way, to connect in parralel to current source I, another current source in opposite polarisation with the same value, so it means that I will "get rid off" lonely current source to use loop method ? Of course , I add the same current source to resistors Z1 and Z5 to not damage the circuit.

I upload some calculations about this circuit, is it correct ?

WP_20180809_20_54_51_Pro.jpg
2222222.jpg

Best regards

Peter

I was thinking that, to conceptualize it visually it might help if you reverse the positions of Z2 and the voltage source. Then the two power supplies are seen as a stack in series.

The resistor loads are various series and parallel networks. By redrawing the circuit it might be easier to grasp how they interact. It might reveal a path to simplifying things.

This is not meant to detract from your own approach, of course.

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to solve this circuit :

View attachment 148604

Just to be clear -the single circle with arrow means voltage source,
- double circle with arrow means current source (I wrote it here because i know that there are some differencies in some countries etc.)

I have to use loop method. My question is : Is it good way, to connect in parralel to current source I, another current source in opposite polarisation with the same value, so it means that I will "get rid off" lonely current source to use loop method ? Of course , I add the same current source to resistors Z1 and Z5 to not damage the circuit.

I upload some calculations about this circuit, is it correct ?

View attachment 148603
View attachment 148606

Best regards

Peter

This is a straight forward calculation, why make it complicated? You have three loops in this circuit. The current in the southwest loop is already given as "J". That leaves two loops with unknown currents. Solving the unknowns i1 and i2 for the north loop and southeast loop respectively gives the solution as shown below.

piotrekn95.JPG

Ratch

You were totally right !

I used your advices and solved:

11111.jpg

Thanks,

Regards
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com