Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Mqtt vs tcp power management

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooja123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have implemented the code similar to this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FbafyVvN3E but have used different cloud address and port and have used sim800c module in a custom board with ATMEGA328-PU MCU. I m sending data of AT Commands: AT+CBC and AT+CNETSCAN.
In addition, Similarly, I have implemented a basic TCP protocol for sending the same data . I have observed that the power consumption of the MQTT protocol is 50% lesser than the TCP protocol.
I would like to know the cause of the power optimization as the implementation of the MQTT protocol looks very similar to the normal TCP protocol. Please help me as I m not able to understand the difference between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.