Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need boardview notebook samsung np530u3c - lotus 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfminformatica

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The notebook is not charging the lithium battery. I have the motherboard electrical schematic but I am needing the boardview to be able to figure out the battery charge failure.

The boardview you're asking for may cost money, if it's available.

A common weak point is the power connector on the motherboard. Some units have it extending through the housing where it is vulnerable to external impacts. This can cause a fracture in solder joints, etc.

It may not be easy to open the housing and examine the wiring to the battery.
You can try some tests in an effort to zero in on the problem.

Have you removed the battery and tested it for voltage? (Do not try to charge it yourself unless you know the proper charging specs.)

Does the power supply run the computer all right?

Does your computer have a utility (control panel) which tells you information about the battery? Its state of charge, etc.

Is it an old battery pack? Their useful lifetime is a few years. Gradually they keep a charge for shorter lengths of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back