Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panel Design of Circular PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunmaran10

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I have circular PCB of 47.6mm X 47.6mm Where i have planned to 2 X 3 matrix panel Design, which has total of 6 Boards in a Panel.

Now when I design Panel, I read most of the PCB Suppliers area suggesting to keep 10mm(2mm Slot width) Clearance B/W Each PCB, So 6mm of Base material B/W the PCB to have good Mechanical Stability.

Can Some one explain what is the reason to keep 10mm Clearance B/W PCB's particularly for Circular PCB?

Thanks in Adavance,

Regards,
Arunmaran S R.,

I believe, 2 mm slot between circular items is sufficient in this case.

So, Why do you want to create a panel. Most likely for assembly reasons.

So talk to your assembly house and with the pcb manufacturer. Let them decide how your panel should look and implemented their suggestions/requirements

I believe, 2 mm slot between circular items is sufficient in this case.

Hello FvM,

Thanks for the reply.

2mm is the Slot width. But my question about clearance B/W the PCB in a Panel.

Most of supplier guidelines shows, Min. 10mm Clearance B/W PCB is required Especially for Circular PCB. Why for Circular is my question?(to have better mechanical Stability, but how?)

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Why do you want to create a panel. Most likely for assembly reasons.

So talk to your assembly house and with the pcb manufacturer. Let them decide how your panel should look and implemented their suggestions/requirements

Hello senilicus,

Thanks for the reply.

At the last will go to the Assembly house for suggestions.

But it will be good to know why min 10mm Clarence is required particularly for Circular PCB.

Thanks

Try asking your fab house about it, ask why they reccomend this and what its for.

Adding spacers between the boards can add stability to the panel, prevents boards warping when in the panel so that SMT placement does not have problems, also so that when the routing is done, and it only has 4 break off tabs there is still stability in the panel, the 10mm sections are seen as strenghtheners.

To perform a reliable soldering process, the minimum allowed inner diameter of a single miniwave soldering nozzle is 3 mm which corresponds to a
n outer diameter of 4 mm.Minimum external dimensions for a soldering nozzle in multi
-nozzle dip soldering processes are 5 x 8 mm.
To avoid difficulties caused by edge clearance, multi-nozzle dip soldering processes require a distance of at least 3mm
between the edges of the joints to be soldered to surrounding components or joints which should not be soldered.With a minimum nozzle size of 5 x 8 mm this results in a "clear area" of 11 x 14 mm at least

Soldering hasn't been mentioned!

Generally the ribs are to provide as said a more robust panel.

Since you have round PCB with out 6mm base material b/w PCB's panel won't be having strength. Mouse bites are going to hold with 6 mm strip. Or else PCB will damage easily while manufacturing /handling / assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back