Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keysight CoilSys Balun Topologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In Keysight ADS CoilSys, you can generate different types of Baluns.

I have looked through the help and they dont say what the types of baluns available are and what their topologies are.

Does anyone have any idea what they mean ? No guidance, that I know of, is available on the structure or topologies or even a description of them in the help.

I have added a screen capture here.

Thank you.

Attachments

• coilsys.png
    coilsys.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 151

You can use the preview button to see the layout.

CT = center tap
vertical coupled = overlayed turns on two layers, instead of interleaved on the same layer

Hello,

How about vert Coupled sym ?

Is there a good resource (book etc) on different tranformer topologies/balun topologies or a paper or set of papers on just transformer/balun topologies that lists all of the ones listed in Coilsys and/or elsewhere ?

Thank you.

Hello,

What is vert Coupled sym ?

Thank you.

What is vert Coupled sym ?

I don't know, some symmetric overlay balun I guess? Why don't you check in Coilsys preview?

I had a quick look and either I have a mistake in my setup or there is some bug, it complains about a NULL layer but doesn't let me specify it in the user interface. Sorry, no idea, you need to check with Keysight.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back