Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial communication 8051 ,sampling procedure in receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAHUL_KUMAR

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The incoming data are then determined by averaging the total 0's and 1's ?? or the data is sampled by 8th,9th,and 10th number of sample if
(the sampling is 16x)
these are two theories i refered which itself having a contradiction...

the document in which 8,9and 10th bit sampling is given is attached..and also link is here file:///C:/Users/NI INNOVATION/Downloads/serial_prot_eng.pdf

while another document link ,in which average sampling is taken into consideration ,link is below. https://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/viewFile/115278/80772

(help! when i submit post link is not showing,.how to provide link) though i mentioning here below..
link1:file:///C:/Users/NI%20INNOVATION/Downloads/serial_prot_eng.pdf
link2:https://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/viewFile/115278/80772

Attachments

• serial_prot_eng.pdf
    404.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

UART receivers may process multiple samples per bit to increase noise immunity. But the method is optional and not generally used. I can't tell which device is presently using it, I doubt that 8051 UART does.

The shown "8,9,10" sampling diagram can be found in several lectures, apparently it's copied and pasted a lot. Unfortunately no author is referring to a specific device, giving the wrong impression that the sampling scheme is industry standard.

- - - Updated - - -

I find UART oversampling with majority vote described for TI MSP430 and some ARM processors, e.g. STM32F4xx.

Can you show me a 8051 hardware document that describes majority vote or similar method being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.