Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCO using lm566 varying the frequency within a small frequency range

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day! I was reading the datasheet of 566 and it says that it is capable of a frequency variation of 10:1. What does this mean?(please give some example)

I want as my output to be a frequency modulated square wave. Here are the specs:

120khz center frequency (can be calculated using the formula). I want this center frequency to be varied such that it is 3khz below(117khz) and 3khz above(123khz).
Can you give me some information as to how to go about it? Is it even possible? Thank you!

Hi,

10:1 - look closely at the schematic on the lower right-hand side of page 1.

LM566C Voltage Controlled Oscillator

I'd guess "... the frequency of which is a very linear function of a control voltage." shows it is possible, along with the top right-hand graph on page 4. I'd also guess you select your lower (and upper) frequency range and find a way of - if need be - fine-tuning the modulation to accept a lower than 1:10 range as you want 1:1.05 max, if my dodgy maths are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back