Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small signal Load Impedance Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_an

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly help me with a suggestion. How can I calculate the load impedance given in the picture. I am designing a differential input and single ended output Op-Amp to drive this load. I need to know the load values, but I am not sure about if the capacitors are in series or parallel in the small signal model. I need the small signal model to design a miller compensation inside my Amplifier. So i need to calculate the equivalent load at the output.

CMFB.JPG

Z1=50+1/(j*omega*C), C=5pF
Zload=Z1/2=25+1/{j*omega*(2*C)}

100ohm can not been seen from drive point.

Reactions: bit_an

bit_an

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have an output buffer stage in my Opamp. So the output impedance of my Opamp will be in series with Z1?!

Last edited:

In transient simulation, under step response, what Cap value do I see?
The link is redirecting me to the same page.

You should be able to use your thevenin and norton theory in order to figure this one out.

You can also conceptually separate your input into two separate inputs, and take advantage of the fact that there is no current across the 100 ohm resistor because the voltages on either side are identical due to symmetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.