Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Reading LTC4015 coloumb counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoopathiS

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using I2C communication between LTC4015 and microcontroller for reading battery coloumb value.

To store this value, there is no non-volatile storage memory available in LTC 4015. We want to store in external non volatile memory. Due to this when I2C is absent(microcontroller off, external memory power off) and battery is charging, coloumb value will increment, this will be not stored anywhere. how to overcome this issue ?

Is the Continuous communication required between LTC4015 and microcontroller for reading coloumb counter? (i can't get this input from datasheet)

Hi,

Isn't the LTC4015 continously supplied by the battery?
Thus the coulomb counter keeps on working an keeps the value up to date.
No need to store the value in an external memory.

Klaus

Thanks.. We are using switch for ON/OFF battery to avoid self discharge, due to this coulomb counter resetted. To avoid self discharge we disconnected Telemetry system in 4015, hence its consuming less current. Now 4015 is continuously supplied by battery, coloumb counter is updating properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.