Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing Board to Test PoE Conformance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlfisher360

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to this forum, but have been browsing quite a bit lately in search of a help for an idea of mine. I make devices PoE VoIP devices that I would like to perform some conformance testing on. I want to design a board that I can plug my devices into and get exact readings for voltage, resistance, etc so that I can make sure that my products work with the strictest PoE switches in terms of classification and the handshake process. Now I was thinking about either making some sort of a "middle-man" where a switch can plug into one side and my device into the other, and then either display the readings on a built in display or my computer, or my own 1-port PoE switch entirely. I came across a previous post https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?284927-PoE-Tester-Schematic that included some pictures of different ideas, but the thread died off with not a lot of information provided. Does anyone happen to know where I can get the complete picture of this schematic that was attached at the end of the post?

LTC4257 (2).png

Hi,

Did you try the LTC4257 datasheet? (At least this is where I´d look at first.)

klaus

I did actually. I just realized that this is actually for a PD and I'm in need of a PSE more/less.

Hi,

The given circuit shows an IC manfactured by Analog Devices.
I went to the Analog Devices internet site and found a table of 10 PSE ICs .... within 15 seconds.
I assume each of them show a schematic. Additionally there may be application notes...

Other IC manufacturers will also provide datasheets and application notes.

Wikipedia has a good description with many links to additional informations.

Show what you have done so far.

Klaust

Status
Not open for further replies.