+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Designing Board to Test PoE Conformance

I'm new to this forum, but have been browsing quite a bit lately in search of a help for an idea of mine. I make devices PoE VoIP devices that I would like to perform some conformance testing on. I want to design a board that I can plug my devices into and get exact readings for voltage, resistance, etc so that I can make sure that my products work with the strictest PoE switches in terms of classification and the handshake process. Now I was thinking about either making some sort of a "middle-man" where a switch can plug into one side and my device into the other, and then either display the readings on a built in display or my computer, or my own 1-port PoE switch entirely. I came across a previous post https://www.edaboard.com/showthread....ster-Schematic that included some pictures of different ideas, but the thread died off with not a lot of information provided. Does anyone happen to know where I can get the complete picture of this schematic that was attached at the end of the post?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LTC4257 (2).png 
Views:	4 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	148470

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3097 / 3097
    Level

Re: Designing Board to Test PoE Conformance

Hi,

Did you try the LTC4257 datasheet? (At least this is where Id look at first.)

klaus
    Please dont contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

•   AltAdvertisment

Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

I did actually. I just realized that this is actually for a PD and I'm in need of a PSE more/less.

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3097 / 3097
    Level

Hi,

The given circuit shows an IC manfactured by Analog Devices.
    I went to the Analog Devices internet site and found a table of 10 PSE ICs .... within 15 seconds.
    I assume each of them show a schematic. Additionally there may be application notes...

Other IC manufacturers will also provide datasheets and application notes.

Wikipedia has a good description with many links to additional informations.

Show what you have done so far.

Klaust
    Please dont contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

--[[ ]]--