+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Designing Board to Test PoE Conformance

I'm new to this forum, but have been browsing quite a bit lately in search of a help for an idea of mine. I make devices PoE VoIP devices that I would like to perform some conformance testing on. I want to design a board that I can plug my devices into and get exact readings for voltage, resistance, etc so that I can make sure that my products work with the strictest PoE switches in terms of classification and the handshake process. Now I was thinking about either making some sort of a "middle-man" where a switch can plug into one side and my device into the other, and then either display the readings on a built in display or my computer, or my own 1-port PoE switch entirely. I came across a previous post https://www.edaboard.com/showthread....ster-Schematic that included some pictures of different ideas, but the thread died off with not a lot of information provided. Does anyone happen to know where I can get the complete picture of this schematic that was attached at the end of the post?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LTC4257 (2).png 
Views:	4 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	148470

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3101 / 3101
    Level

Re: Designing Board to Test PoE Conformance

Hi,

Did you try the LTC4257 datasheet? (At least this is where I´d look at first.)

klaus
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

•   AltAdvertisment

Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

I did actually. I just realized that this is actually for a PD and I'm in need of a PSE more/less.

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3101 / 3101
    Level

Hi,

The given circuit shows an IC manfactured by Analog Devices.
    I went to the Analog Devices internet site and found a table of 10 PSE ICs .... within 15 seconds.
    I assume each of them show a schematic. Additionally there may be application notes...

Other IC manufacturers will also provide datasheets and application notes.

Wikipedia has a good description with many links to additional informations.

Show what you have done so far.

Klaust
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

--[[ ]]--