Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan speed control with remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirkit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body,any body have a circuit for 4 switch on/off with fan speed control with remote control using AT89C2051 , i have a board using said circuit but i losted the program

Hi,

You need the circuit or the program?

In any case:
A forum is not meant that someone gives you a complete working circuit/software.
Usually you try to build the SW/HW on your own...encounter some detail problems....and the forum helps to solve the detail problems.
--> you do the main job, we help you to make it working.

Also: nobody can help you as long as you don't give specifications.
What fan are you talking about? It can be a 0.5W / 5V DC specified one or it can be a 20kW 3 phase 400V AC one for the air supply of a big building...

The same applies for "remote control" and "4 switch on/off" both can mean a huge range from soper simple to most advanced..

Klaus

Dear Lot's of Thanks for quick response,
My need is to control a ceiling fan using in homes and bulbs, means 150 w load on each,

One more thing, I have such panel as i require, that worked well but ic AT89C2051 but, now I have AT89C2051 but not the prgram

Hi,

I assume you did no firum search...
Did you at least go through the links in the box "similar threads" below?

If you want somebody to write your software you should consider to pay for it.

Klaus

Please let me know the approximate cost for software

Sirkit, this is a place of learning, not a place of commerce.
It is like you are asking a teacher how much they charge to do your school work!
We will help you learn how to write your own software and design support electronics but not do the work for you.

Brian.

Sirkit, this is a place of learning, not a place of commerce.
It is like you are asking a teacher how much they charge to do your school work!
We will help you learn how to write your own software and design support electronics but not do the work for you.

Brian.

Okay Dear, Now let me know, I have a circuit and asm file for 8051, I can control the number of on/off switches only, can I some changes to control the speed of fan

Start by breaking the problem into smaller and more manageable tasks.

1. What are the power requirements of the fan and how can it's speed be controlled.
2. If it works on AC, does it require voltage control or frequency control or both.
3. Does the speed need regulating and if so, how is the feedback achieved.
4. Does the control circuit have to be isolated from the power source.

answering 1 - 4 will give an idea of how the speed can be controlled.

5. what remote control coding system is used.
6. does it use IR, ultrasonic or wireless. If wireless does it use a LAN or other communication system.
7. does it require filtering from other sources of data that would interfere

answering 5 -7 will describe the method of sending control information.

8. what power source is available for the fan
9. what power source is available for the remote control
10. does it need variable or stepped speed control
11. is any braking mechanism employed and if so does it need controlling
12. are there any safety features (limited run time for example) it has to conform to

answering 8 - 12 would give us some idea of the complexity of the control system

13. if you want to use a AT89C2051, do you have a compiler or assembler for it
14. do you have a programming tool to load the program into the IC

Answering those last questions will help us to advise on how to fulfill the project.
Just asking for software to make an unidentified fan work from an unidentified remote control is pointless. It would be like asking Ford to send you a screw for a car without specifying which screw and car model.

Brian.

Reactions: burai

burai

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear friend,Thanks for reply,

my requirement is;
1. speed control of a ceiling fan used in home operate on AC220 Volts 150w maximum and can be control by Triac BT136 by reducing the voltage ,no need to isolate ,no need to regulate
2. it can be used IR RC5 coding protocol,
3. I have compiler and programmer
and one more thing , i have a schematic diagram with asm file and hex file to control 8 switches with same as required but it has on/off switches, i want to add 2xBT136 Triac in place of some switches to control ceiling fan voltage (ie: AC40v to Ac220v app.)
i upload the file attachment of files here,you can check;

Attachments

• IRswitch.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 99

If you follow the 8-channel software you need to use 8 BT136 each with a series power resistor, I would not recommend that!

The design does not easily adapt, the control the motor power you don't want on/off control, instead you want phase control which is a different technique altogether. The RC5 decoding code might be adaptable but to use phase control you need to use a zero crossing detector and variable timers. That means a hardware and software change, are you prepared to do that? Bear in mind that you would be working with live circuits that can kill if you touch them.

Brian.

Dear, I have already one switch board used AT89C2051 that can control the moter speed and switches, the whole circuit is not isolated and power supply used only capacitors and diode no transformer used. I used circuit from last 5 years, I am satisfied, only one problem ie: AT89C2051 is program protected

Status
Not open for further replies.