Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FieldSense Technology – Measure Voltages without Test Leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, not sure what it counts as. I don't think it's advertising because it appears in an article on another website.

Like Victor Kayam, I was so impressed... well, I didn't buy the company but I did want to post it on EDA in case anyone is interested in this kind of AC and DC contactless voltmeter (and ammeter). If this is old news, again, my apologies...

**broken link removed**

I think we can accept the post in the technical forum if we read it as question "how impressive" is the method, what are it's features?

According to the spec, it's suited for 45 - 66 Hz AC only and can't measure DC.

Hi,

Oops, misread something, then. The product page claims 600V DC several times as well as AC. I think it's "impressive" - maybe not the most accurate word - for being contactless, that introduces a greater degree of safety and that is always welcome with electricity.

DC measurement is using leads. I think the instrument is interesting for the electrical installation and industrial automation range.

Status
Not open for further replies.