0 / 0
    Level

SMD Part Marking Code help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0245.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	519.8 KB 
ID:	148418

I have a SOT-23 with markings T6s all three pins connected. Anyone that knows what this can be ?

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    2nd Helpful Member
    Helped
    4079 / 4079
    Level

Re: SMD Part Marking Code help

Possibly a BSS63 transistor but it doesn't seem to have any connections to it. Sometimes an inexpensive part is used to calibrate the imaging system on a pick-and-place machine, it could just be there to ensure all the other parts are accurately aligned during assembly. Look on the other side of the board in case there is a hidden via hole under the device.

Brian.
    PLEASE - no friends requests or private emails, I simply don't have time to reply to them all.
    It's better to share your questions and answers on Edaboard so we can all benefit from each others experiences.

Newbie level 2

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: SMD Part Marking Code help

Quote Originally Posted by betwixt View Post
    Possibly a BSS63 transistor but it doesn't seem to have any connections to it. Sometimes an inexpensive part is used to calibrate the imaging system on a pick-and-place machine, it could just be there to ensure all the other parts are accurately aligned during assembly. Look on the other side of the board in case there is a hidden via hole under the device.

Brian.
    Thanks for your answer. I don't think it's a BSS63, because it looks like a FET or a uni-junction when i look at at the signature (ASA) I have two of them and they both look the same. Any other suggestions ?

BR Dag A

--[[ ]]--