Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

μArt - A UART adapter for professionals (too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I've got a small CrowdSupply campaign running, and I thought I'd let you know. This is just a personal project not backed by any company, and also the crowdfunding price is basically just manufacturing (+crowdfunding fee+shipping) costs, so at least during crowdfunding, this is barely if at all commercial.

I'm fed up with my UART boards that I need bunch of just to get all the voltages and pins I need for my various project, and furthermore some of them also seem to work unreliably. So I've made my own. Obviously I tried to make it as professional as I could and hence this is not just another ripoff of a reference schematic.

The μArt is a USB-UART(TTL) adapter that is universal and reliable. It supports all voltages in the range of 1.8 - 5.4 V, it has handshaking and other pins for flashing MCUs, it is galvanically isolated, it has a multitude of protection circuits, a case, and even some nice extras like GPIO pins. And yes replaces all my other converters, and it is more reliable and more robust. I specifically designed it to be well-suited for professional use.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/pylo/muart

muart-connected.jpg

On a successful campaign, schematics and certifications will follow. Project updates will be published about these so subscribe (and/or pledge) if you are interested.

Greetings,
Karoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back