Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage regulator IC aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilfred

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
For an aviation project I am searching for a voltage regulator IC, Could anyone Please suggest me a best voltage regulator IC in aviation standard.

Aviation is a vast subject in itself. There are thousands of voltage regulators, all for different purposes and with different specifications. I'm assuming as you posted this in the microcontrollers section it is for some special use or is actually based on a microcontroller. You need to be far more specific, tell us the voltages, current requirement, any environmental restrictions and finally whether it has to meet any quality or performance standards.

Brian.

Thank you for your reply, I'm searching for the IC in microchip itself and the voltage requirement is +28V input and+5V output.

Hi,

no current?
linear or switch mode?

Klaus

To drop 28V to 5V can be done efficiently if you draw just a few mA. You can see a simple voltage regulator schematic in this recent thread.

https://www.edaboard.com/showthread...egulators-running-way-over-voltage!&p=1626117

When designing systems for aircraft we need to figure out how to choose priorities. Usually we want reliability and light weight. So you can prefer a simple regulator with minimum number of parts (so you have fewer things to go wrong)...
Or you can prefer a circuit which runs cool and efficient, with safeguards and protection (more components, more weight, more complexity).

Status
Not open for further replies.