Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The mosfet configuration of this meind inverter is some thing i never seen ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

libyantiger

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am in electronics repair in inverter repair since very long time

never ever i have seen some thing like this before it is just like a big mystery to me

if u dont know inverter then i will give brief introduction on what going on and use it as prelude to own questions

it is process of simply cutting dc across step up transformer using mosfet and power ic and produce high dc around 300vdc

and cut this dc again to create sort of square wave the resembles ac

the mosfet configuration is usually push pull but the transistors are them selfs connected to ground

here the transistors are not connected to ground they just go to other transistors and then these transistor are connected to ground

it should been done using a and b transistors ( see picture to know a transistor and b transistor)

why the bottom transistors? why? i just called them (ground bringers) cause they sort of "introduce ground when they turned on"

to add insult to injury the control board right now have no ground u followed its track of ground to find it dead end at the connection of upper

transistors to the lower transistors or ground bringers

in my life i opend 100 or 1000 of them and i used my golden trick to repair them ....remove bad fets ....look for good nice square wave at the gates

if it is not there or it is sort of distorted square wave then find bad reistors drive transistors or ic tl494 or sg3525 as those the most used ics in inverter.

till this inverter come in and hit my face and turned down of plans ...simply when i removed all fet and powered it on it never show a sign of it working

and when i follow the power to the small controll module board i find that vcc is ok but ground is dead end as shown in the picture

any ideas ?

brief is why the wierd connnection of fets

and why the board have no ground it is just floating in air with no ground that is just unacceptable able 32232.jpg

As the bottom MOSFETs only link between 'board ground' and 'real ground', are they possibly part of a supply polarity protection circuit and nothing to do with inverter operation at all?

Brian.

As the bottom MOSFETs only link between 'board ground' and 'real ground', are they possibly part of a supply polarity protection circuit and nothing to do with inverter operation at all?

Brian.

oh the diodes!!! look at the way the diodes go they provide a ground for the inverter board of control so with that you have sort of

not dirt ground but a diode to ground may be that is i need to let it work plug in one fet at botton

i willl test and back to you all guys

Brian.

your hint have turned a lamp iside my mind

yessss i installed on fet really the diode across it is a "way to ground" but the amazing thing about all this i get the inverter working

it has red lamp indicating no output but at least there is life sign ...i get nice square wave at the gates of upper transistors it square and nice

but there is some small mystery the lower transistor seems to be sort of an aways on device!!! i can see full 8vdc at thier gates!

never seen some thing like that before i assumed it is a part of design but is it logical to keep a fet always on! ...i am still waiting for parts to reach me from china.

upper fets are irf1404

lower fet are ssft3904

while they on the way i really should study as hard as they can this new and wonderful design ...hehe you wont get it working till one fet is installed at minimum level

not any fet it just bottom fet that at least one be installed for the unit to start working

kkll.jpgننممك.jpgviber oooooooooo.jpg

after getting the beast up and running i was suprised that the dc to dc stage is producing a 400vdc full 400vdc ,am i having a some sort of over voltage,

or it is normal for a 12 to 220 ac inverter pure sine wave since the wave form have to be huge (by huge i mean high in peak voltage) and then passed to some filters to remove

the high frequency components and retrieving the sine wave which will have somewhat less peak and less amplitude?

waiting for answers this inverter is stuck in my workshop for months!

those bottom fets appear to be reverse input protection ...

yes it was confirmed i operated it but the dc to dc produce around 400vdc which is new to me what i know normal is 300vdc

but because this is pure sine wave i wonder if it is normal for those to put up such high voltage ?

yes it was confirmed i operated it but the dc to dc produce around 400vdc which is new to me what i know normal is 300vdc

but because this is pure sine wave i wonder if it is normal for those to put up such high voltage ?

i am answeringf my own questions!! yes it is normal 400vdc to be thge output of pure sine wave inverters it seems that the chiinese are doing a fourier theory buisness

as foruier satated that all signal in the world if it is not sine wave it contain elemnts of sine wave at differnt frequencies and at amplitidue less than the main

signal so by creating 400 volt ac signal and fitering it at the fundemntal frequency we get our beloved 220ac pure sine wave

after the lc filter

Status
Not open for further replies.