Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design filter by least squares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandi2000

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The LS error methods use an error criterion that is related to the energy of
the signal or noise.
The design problem is posed by defining an error measure E as a sum (or integral) of the
squared differences between the actual and the desired frequency response over a
set of L frequency samples. This error function is defined as

Code:
E=\sum_{n = 0}^{L-1}|(H(\omega)-H(\omega)_d|^2

eda1.gif

One of the most effective modifications of the direct LS error design methods is
to change the bands of frequencies over which the minimization is carried out.
(from the book : Digital Filter Design - Parks and Burrus).

The question : how the LS error design methods is to change the bands of frequencies ?

Last edited by a moderator:

What do you want to mean ?

I want to understand ,''One of the most effective modifications of the direct LS error design methods is
to change the bands of frequencies over which the minimization is carried out.''

what i understood the change bands of frequencies is done by using the iteration method, am I right?

I didn't check the phrase in the book. But as far as I understand, it refers to the bandwidth-changing property of a regular digital FIR filter.
Remembering that the passband freq of FIR is related to the sampling frequency with a fixed percentage, changing the sampling frequency changes the band of the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.