Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMPro simulation gives always an Error. (ADS, 3D momentum simulation extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosRF

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, recently i started simulating a very simple wave guide structure on EMPro, a 3D Electromagnetic simulation environment included in some ADS extensions. I followed some tutorials online several times and everything works perfectly except for the simulation, which at the starting phase gives an error and it doesn't continue. The log of the simulator is pasted bellow.

I am running EMPro locally and performing a very simple FEM simulation following the steps of the tutorial that I've attached to this message. I also included some of the very simple test projects that I was trying to run without success, just in case that maybe someone can run it and tell me why it isn't working as I expect.

However, I am looking for other software possibilities just in case that this one doesn't work eventually. I know HFSS, but I wanted to start with something simpler like EMPro to perform some basic test on some different waveguide topologies. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.

Starting the FEM simulation.
Setting environment for using FEM engine
setting EMPROHOME to C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\
setting PYTHONHOME to C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\tools\win32\python
setting HPEESOF_DIR to C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\tools\win32\python\lib\runpy.py", line 151, in _run_module_as_main
mod_name, loader, code, fname = _get_module_details(mod_name)
File "C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\tools\win32\python\lib\runpy.py", line 101, in _get_module_details
loader = get_loader(mod_name)
File "C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\tools\win32\python\lib\pkgutil.py", line 464, in get_loader
return find_loader(fullname)
File "C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\tools\win32\python\lib\pkgutil.py", line 474, in find_loader
for importer in iter_importers(fullname):
File "C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\tools\win32\python\lib\pkgutil.py", line 430, in iter_importers
__import__(pkg)
File "C:\Keysight\EMPro2015_01\win32_64\bin\empro\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
import libpyempro
TypeError: PyModule_AddObject() needs non-NULL value

Attachments

• EMPro.rar
    486.5 KB · Views: 101
  • FEMsimulation EMPro.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 151

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor