Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost regulator for 3.6V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a doubt regarding a boost regulator using in our schematic. Converter output voltage is 3.6V. This voltage is for OLED.
My doubts are:
1. Whether this converter (NCP1406) is suitable for coin cell battery application. Battery voltage:3V
2. Voltage divider resistor values are high? should I go with lower values?

If any other converters are there, please suggest me.

Attached the schematic.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ckt.png
    ckt.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 107

Hi,

I expect both questions can be answered by reading the datasheet.

So either one of us needs to read the datsheet and write the informatins to the forum...
Or you read it by your own, which is much faster and more precise.

1) Look for "input voltage range"
2) look for resistor network value recommendations.

Klaus

1. Whether this converter (NCP1406) is suitable for coin cell battery application. Battery voltage: 3V

A tiny coin cell quickly drops in voltage as you withdraw greater current from it. It goes for years in a watch or calculator but they must only draw micro-Amps of juice. An led draws milli-Amps.

Hi,

I expect both questions can be answered by reading the datasheet.

So either one of us needs to read the datsheet and write the informatins to the forum...
Or you read it by your own, which is much faster and more precise.

1) Look for "input voltage range"
2) look for resistor network value recommendations.

Klaus

Thanks KlausST.

Seems this regulator won't make any trouble. Min. Input voltage is 2V and Resistor range also fine (mentioned in datasheet, R2 range must be between 10K to 200K).

- - - Updated - - -

A tiny coin cell quickly drops in voltage as you withdraw greater current from it. It goes for years in a watch or calculator but they must only draw micro-Amps of juice. An led draws milli-Amps.

In our case the consumption will be very small. nano-Amps to micro-Amps .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back