Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 - signal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mglowinski93

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there :)
i've problem with SIM900 mini module.
My problem is that SIM900 is not getting steady signal.

Response for "AT+CSQ" command is generally +CSQ: 0,0, sometimes +CSQ: 10,0.
Signal LED Status: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6JEwgJMM0&feature=share

For me seems that SIM900 is getting restarted after establishing a connection.
I saw SIM900 reset topic (https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?303408-Sim900-Reset-Problem) but i'm powering it from it from laboratory power supply which is set to 5V DC and current limitation set to 2A.

Response for "AT" command is OK.

SIM900 firmware:
SIMCOM_Ltd
SIMCOM_SIM900B
Revision:1137B09SIM900B32_ST

I've checked it for two different antennas, the same result.

I will be grateful for tips what can be wrong.

I suspect the problem to be with something else other then the code. SIM900 has a specific led pattern to indicate connection with network. So, first step would be notice blinking rates of the leds and there is a change then it's connected to network(In that case problem will be with the code). If not, then there can be multiple possibilities, please mention your SIM specifications(like company, 3g/4g etc). Also, try taking the module on the roof-top of somewhere with a good signal strength.
Did you used that module/SIM ever before with some other SIM/module? I had an incident where there was a fault in my module itself.

I chnaged way of powering it. Now it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back