Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in importing TSMC65 Standard Cells Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAyesh

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have access to TSMC65n libraries and I tried to import the standard cells library (tcbn65gplus). After adding it in the library path editor, the layout, schematic and symbol views of any cell are not accessible. They don't open!

I looked at the different files extensions, they are different than what is usually there for a schematic or a layout view. These extensions are: sch.cdb , sch.cb% , pc.db and mater.tag.

I appreciate any help to get these views accessible.
Thanks,

Hi,

I have access to TSMC65n libraries and I tried to import the standard cells library (tcbn65gplus). After adding it in the library path editor, the layout, schematic and symbol views of any cell are not accessible. They don't open!

I looked at the different files extensions, they are different than what is usually there for a schematic or a layout view. These extensions are: sch.cdb , sch.cb% , pc.db and mater.tag.

I appreciate any help to get these views accessible.
Thanks,

not only you posted on the wrong forum, you don't even mention what software you are using. how can anyone help you?

not only you posted on the wrong forum, you don't even mention what software you are using. how can anyone help you?

oh, my bad. Could you guide me to the correct forum? and I was talking about Cadence Virtuoso IC 6.1
Thank you.

oh, my bad. Could you guide me to the correct forum? and I was talking about Cadence Virtuoso IC 6.1
Thank you.

that would be the ASIC forum

as to the cells not opening, could be a filesystem permission issue. do you have write access to the folder where the lib is installed? did you check the logs when the library was imported? several minor issues only appear on the log, but are actually major problems.

I think they are in different format ( cdb ) than the one Virtuoso can understand ( oa ). So, use the Conversion Toolbox --> CDB to OA conversion, convert the library and then add the path of the OA library to library manager

I think they are in different format ( cdb ) than the one Virtuoso can understand ( oa ). So, use the Conversion Toolbox --> CDB to OA conversion, convert the library and then add the path of the OA library to library manager

virtuoso understands cdb files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back