Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: email subscriptions do not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

theUltimateSource

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

I subscribed to a few topics in this forum yet never received any email. I subscribed to the topics in forum tools, and am in fact subscribed to them. I set them to receive email notification. In my account settings I can also see that I am subscribed to it. My email is confirmed and working, I receive email notifications as well (private messages only). I also checked my spam folder.

What could be the problem?

thank you

Your user profile does not show anything out of the ordinary. Member settings have an entry for:

"Automatic Thread Subscription Mode."

Your selection says:

"Instant email notification."

That means you should get email notifications.

You can try editing your own profile, and change settings that offer to send notifications. Subscribe to all the things which are offered (including newsletters from Mouser, etc). See if you start receiving notifications of updates to subscribed threads.

There is a chance your email provider is disconnected from the internet some percentage of the time. So perhaps Edaboard notifications are dropped if they cannot get through at the moment they're sent? This is only a speculative notion.

There is also a chance it has to do with the amount of posts a member has submitted to the forum. There are forum operations which do not apply to a member who has submitted few posts. We believe programmers set the threshold at about a dozen.

@BradtheRad,

I am still unable to receive any email subscriptions from the forum activity. I am using a free email account from Google, which are very reliable. I also receive 'New Private Message' and 'Reply to thread' messages for threads I created.

I edited my profile settings and enabled everything I could find. I could not find Mouser newsletter subscription, though. Is this in the General settings?

Subscribe to all the things which are offered (including newsletters from Mouser, etc).

I can see a complete list of all my forum subscriptions in

In my profile subscriptions I can only see a list of subscribed threads:

There is also a chance it has to do with the amount of posts a member has submitted to the forum.

Since today I am also able to submit posts without review by administration.

Hi,

How many subscripted threads do you have? About...?
And how many of them have been updated for the last fes days?

Klaus

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue with subscribed threads. I haven't received three email notifications about replies to posts over the last two days. No idea why, I checked this afternoon and my settings are correct and haven't changed in the years I've been a member. I guess it's some glitch that will just as soon go as it came, if it persists then I'll seek further advice.

Hi,

Further info:

I don't get notifications when the thread starter/poster replies to their own thread (they joined EDA this month) but I did get an email notification overnight when a senior member replied to the thread. Curious...

Hi all. couple of questoins to help sort things out. The number of subscribed topic you have? Is it a lot? a little? I see gmail in this thread. Is anyone using another provider and not getting the updates?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also another question... is it possible that you opted out of all emails via the link in an old update email? It's located at the bottom of all emails and looks like the link below... note the XXXX are to cover up my optout link.

I am subscribed to 4 forums:

PLD, SPLD, GAL, CPLD, FPGA Design

Microcontrollers

Embedded Linux and Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)

Digital communication

I did not unsubscribe from any threads (and am still not receiving any subscription mails).

Hi,

I think I have very few current subscribed threads but a total of 832 appear in the "Subscribed threads in folder" field/box.

I don't believe I have accidentally touched the "opt out" link, maybe but I don't think so. I wasn't active/logged in here much in the last three weeks for work reasons, maybe that affected something.

Maybe it was just a glitch or something, as in the last ~15 hours I have received the last two email notifications for subscribed threads (the one about Fuse LED reset function and this thread) as normal.

I have 6 subscribed threads and am receiving email notification for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back