Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importing Files from ASITIC (CIF files) Into Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using ASITIC to make inductors and transformers, but I want to import them to Cadence. They are CIF files. My version of Cadence doesnt have an option to import or export CIF Files.

Is this a new thing ? How do I export and import CIF files in this version of Cadence ?

Thank you.

One way to do this is open CIF file in "klayout" (free and open source layout editor / viewer - klayout.de), and save it in GDS format, then stream in to Virtuoso.
You can do all these in script /batch mode.

One way to do this is open CIF file in "klayout" (free and open source layout editor / viewer - klayout.de), and save it in GDS format, then stream in to Virtuoso.
You can do all these in script /batch mode.

CIF are not new at all, they are from the 80's. just convert to gds2 like the user above suggested

Do I still need a layer map file to do the importing/exporting for the layers ?

I attached the GDS save window in KLayout when I loaded the CIF save to GDS.

What arguments do I put in these selections to properly save the GDS for importing into Cadence ?

- - - Updated - - -

I used the default parameters in KLayout.

I imported it as a GDS stream in Cadence and the layers were "blank" and not the same as the process kit layers. I had to manually make the layers have "intelligence" of the PDK when it was imported.

Do I need a layer map file - what is the format of this file for Cadence to import and where do I select this ?

Attachments

• KLayout.png
    KLayout.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 153

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back