Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do I need HSpice RF for transient simulation on a vivaldi antenna exported from HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fparveen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a vivaldi antenna in HFSS using driven modal setup. The antenna's S11, radiation pattern, surface current distribution and gain looks good. Now I need to perform transient analysis using two of my designed antenna (one as a transmitting antenna and the other as a receiving antenna) to see if the antenna is capable of transmitting and receiving with less distortion. So-

1) Can anyone suggest me ways to do this?

2) If I do this using HFSS, how to set one port in transmitting mode and other port in receiving mode? How can I assign the gaussian pulse in only one port (transmitting mode), without exciting the other port (receiving mode)

3) If I export the .sp file from HFSS driven modal solution, and simulate it using HSpice, then will I need hspice rf for this purpose? Can anyone tell me the steps required to do it?

Thanks in advance.

I found ways to do time domain analysis by exciting the antenna with gaussian pulse in HFSS. The procedure is explained nicely here >> https://scholarworks.uark.edu/eleguht/49/
This thesis explains the procedure of importing current source in HFSS.

However, in my design I need a gaussian pulse in time domain, which, if converted to frequency domain, i.e. the frequency spectrum of it should span from 1 to 4 GHz with the center frequency of 2.5GHz. Does anyone know how can I find the equation of such a gaussian pulse (in time domain) whose freq spectrum gives the desired center freq and bandwidth?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Did you mean multiplying the gaussian with a sinusoid? I think that can shift the pulse to the center freq (2.5GHz). But how can I get the desired frequency span (1-4GHz)?
Also, how can I obtain higher order gaussian pulse , i.e. 2nd or 3rd or 4th orders whose frequency spectrum spans from 1-4Ghz with center freq 2.5Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back