Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Evaluation boards" versus "Production boards"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingDutch

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have one important for me question, where answer is not clear for me. Let assume that I made project based on "Zybo" evaluation board - here is link for it:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/zybo/start?redirect=1

It uses some sensors attached to board, CAN bus for comunication, Ethernet (Web server for configuration), and acutator (DC motor). This is controller for mechanical device interacting width real world. The simulation and some basic manual tests are OK. Now I woukld like to made "production" device - controller.

My question is: what are my options for "production board" (controller)?

Some which are coming into my mind are:

1) Design custom PCB for this controller (using Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC integrated circuit: XC7Z010-1CLG400C) - which is a challenge for me

2) Find board using this Soc ( Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC) which can be used in production device (proper mechanical and electrical properties)and embedd in designed controller

Maybe I have more options which I am not aware?

The same question I have in contex of microcontrolers boards (especially STM32Fxxx Nucleo evaluation boards), but I don't want place second very similiar question in "Microcontrollers" area.

I will be grateful for an answers.
Regards

Last edited:

2) Find board using this Soc ( Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC) which can be used in production device (proper mechanical and electrical properties)and embedd in designed controller
Would be difficult to find which would satisfy all production environment conditions. If you find, yes lucky!

Depending on your budget, why don't you outsource the PCB development (a freelance can do the design work and the board can be produced cheaply by some company in China)?

Depending on your budget, why don't you outsource the PCB development (a freelance can do the design work and the board can be produced cheaply by some company in China)?

Hello,

it sounds interesting for me. If it is not against the forum rules, could somebody give links to verified companys in China which can produce such board?

Regards

Try posting your requirements in the "EDA Jobs" section. Hopefully someone will get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back