Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mathematical modeling of RC servo motor a.k.a Hobby Servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjzai123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, I've been study about mathematical modeling of R/C servo motor. R/C servo is made up of DC motor, potentiometer and some gear. Most of the transfer function are mainly modeling the DC motor. My question is, since the motor contains gear, do I need to consider the gear to the transfer function? I can't find any related modeling is including the gears. Any help is appreciated.

I assume the potentiometer is based on the absolute position of the output of the gearbox? If so then yes, it sounds like it should include the gear since loop gain includes everything that's in-between the control signal and the feedback signal. I think it boils down to a scale factor equal to the gear ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.