Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuzzy logic in position control of stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjzai123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I wanted to put a fuzzy logic controller with a stepper motor in position control. I know there are 2 inputs and 1 output for the system, 1 of the inputs is the error of the position and another is the change in error (speed of the motor). But why speed of the motor should be consider an input for the system? I am confused, please help me.

Stepper motor is an open loop system and for the control purpose, As the step size is fixed in a stepper motor you can easily identify its position. I don't think a stepper motor would be a good choice for closed-loop control. You can control a normal DC motor with an IR speed sensor to implement fuzzy control to the system and control the speed by varying the supply voltage. And to know the position there are various mathematical model you can take in reference to understand how speed is taken as feedback and give position as output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back