Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mechanical Parameters of RC servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjzai123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, recently I'm playing with RC servo motors and try to play it in Simulink. I found these mechanical parameters.
Capture.PNG

The value above is default value, how can I know this value or measure them or calculate them? And I wanted to ask did RC servo motor need motor driver to control it? I'm using it to do solar tracker project.

The manufacturer should specify things like end/stop angles, speed and torque. The other parameters, probably not, since these are intended for RC hobbyists who don't really care about things like stiffness and damping. Keep in mind that there's a closed-loop controller inside the servo.

As far as I know, most servos are controlled by a PWM signal, so you don't need a motor driver-you can control it with a digital signal.

Can a Raspberry PI control 2 RC servo motors at once?

I would think that would be no problem. It depends on what else the PI has to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.