Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have required low power isolated DC to DC converter schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhiraj.mahajan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii
I need design a Power supply with these characteristics:
- ISOLATED DC/DC
Vin: 12 Vdc
Two isollated output
- Vout1: 12Vdc
- Iout1: 100mA
- Vout2: 12Vdc
- Iout1: 100mA
Can somebody say me where find simple design

Thank you

Hi,

I'd buy them. Many types are available.

You need to consider:
* do you need regulated output?
* output noise
* pri sek isolation voltage
* sek sek isolation voltage

Klaus

hii

pri sek isolation voltage
sek sek isolation voltage

any

- - - Updated - - -

regulated output also

- - - Updated - - -

any
DC to DC converter but 2 output isolated is required

hii
I have required Fly-back DC to DC isolated 12 V input and two 12 V output 100mA

Hi,

* use the selection guide at the switch mode controller IC manufacturers internet site
* choos a suitable IC
* download and read it´s datasheet
* follow the design guides and calculations
* go through application notes.

* the schematic you can find in each datasheet
* additional documentation and maybe online calcuators and simualtion tools you can find on the internet site.

Klaus

what is the tolerance on vout for each output. also, what is the loading on each?
Do they need (the outputs), to be isolated from each other?

Remember that its best if both outputs have constant load, and no load transients, and the load is same for each output...otherwise you may just have to do someting a little different than a flyback with two outputs...you may need some secondary converter to keep your vout in tolerance band

I'd buy a cheap module (as Treez said, shop recom, though a dozen others make similar modules) and then add a linear regulator to 10V if you need regulation. 10V is usually good enough if you think you need 12V. This solution is a good compromise of cost, size and flexibility.

This suggestion is based on me shopping these exact types of supplies a lot and off the top of my head I'm not aware of any split supply regulated modules. There are a good number of single supply isolated regulated modules, but less dual output ones.

Another option is a single 12V:12V with a charge pump to generate the negative on the secondary. This can be a better solution if the current draws are unbalanced between positive and negative. This chip 'does it all' on the secondary:
https://www.analog.com/en/technical...low-noise-positive-and-negative-supplies.html

Status
Not open for further replies.