Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduinos nano wireless sensor network

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want multiple Arduinos nano connected to an RFs/WiFis modules to read temperatures and send them to a central Arduino connected to an RF/Wifi module... (many routers to one coordinator).

What choices do I have? I need low cost RF/WIFI modules (up to 3-4 euros/wireless module) not Xbees. I would prefer a transmit range 800m - 1000m (and more if it is possible).

Thank you.

Does LoRa work as point to point connection? Or is something more complicated?

I would prefer a transmit range 800m - 1000m (and more if it is possible

The specified wifi range for typical applications is about 300ft (~100m) although you can extend for a multiple of that when there is no obstacles and no case covering the board (a good reason for choosing modules with external antennas). If you make use of Wifi extenders/routers with high signal strengh, this helps of course.

The ESP8266 as Easyrider83 pointed out is a nice choice in the sense of being a standalone solution, what means, this board can make the whole job itself (communication+measuring), whereas an Xbee - which seems more suited for larger ranges - acts as a peripheral device, needing a local CPU to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.