Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gerber file format requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaohu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question about the Gerber file format for PCB prototype. The CAD program I am using is a DOS version and generates Gerber files in the RS-274-D format. However, ALLPCB require the Gerber files in the RS-274-X format. How can I convert the gerber files format from RS-274-D to RS-274-X?

Hi,

The gerber format is an open format, thus the description should be freely available.

Why didn't you do a simple internet search?
Even wikipedia has a good description and links to the specification.
There couldn't be a better source of information than the specification.

Klaus

You start by dumping the DOS program and get something from at least the early 2000's. The difference between RS-274-D and RS-274-X, is that the -D version requires an aperature table that must be manually input by the vendor. The -X version has the aperatures embedded in the encoding. It is easy to see why ANY PCB manufacturer would balk at any -D encoded Gerber set.

Or you could import the -D gerbersand apeture list into a CAM package that can then output as -X version again.
Your problem is finding that program now.

thanks for you guys, I have fixed the problem. I am waiting for my PCBs. It have finished and in transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back