Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a siren circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsen 2012

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys , i look for a simple siren circuit that give a sound for 3 seconds every 10 minutes thank's ☺

Hi,

How loud? Audible from the next room in a house or to be heard across a vast factory or as a public service siren? Simple would be something on the lines of tapping into one of the outputs of a divide by counter such as the CD4060 (using RC timing components instead of a crystal), driving a simple mosfet inverter used to control a monostable 555 whose 3 second output drives a buzzer (or drives e.g. a relay to power an AC siren if it's something powerful).

Yes audible from the next room i want to use it with water level indicator , by adding a relay with the low level wire so the siren will be active every 10 or 20 minutes to alert .

Hi, for that you can get away with a 5 - 12V DC "wallwart" as some people call them, and any old buzzer, no need for a relay, just use a mosfet between buzzer and 555, mosfet as pass device and buzzer to gnd or to V+, maybe a flyback diode around buzzer but mosfet should be enough.

Hi,

I was unable to answer you until now, sorry about that. I'm glad you have found a suitable circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back