Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What device deducts points from Smart Card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Smart Card

The concept of smart card is like this, the card can be topup point by using the computer and the point can be reduced by using a device. Im trying to do this project but i only have the basic idea.

Can anyone please provide me the information on doing it? How to detect the card using the computer? What card to use? How to build a device that can deduct points from the card? and etc. question..

Re: Smart Card

smartcard :

1)based PCB SmartCard
2)based ISO 7816 SmartCard

And:

1) PIC - based
2) ATMEL MCU AVR 90 - based
3) I2C 24LCxx

And ................

**broken link removed**

There are several kind of smar Card. Which one?

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, i don't know what kind of smart card is it. I just want a card that input and retrieve points from it. For example, the card point represent the money value, the card can be used to do payment, such as bus fares, food, grocery stuff..

What device is required to read the smart card?

Added after 1 hours 2 minutes:

I want to make an independent smart card reader that doesn't interface with the computer. The reader act as e-money, that can store money and deduct money. Can anyone provide information about this?

Hi my brother!

I think Atmel Crypto Memory SmartCard devices ideal for You.
These components was project specifically for money transactions !

For more information, check in ATMEL web site: **broken link removed**

Best regards, Gorkin.

You can use java card (JCOP) or basic card with an interface 7816 IC (TDA 8007)

plz send me the deatils about the reader u r using. may be i could help u. we had the same project.

im asking for a help to give me an idea what kind of smart card or card reader should i used to design smart card as touch n go concept? my project similar to GG that used the smart card as e-money.

Smart Card

e-money systems need cryptography so that people can't clone cards or add value without authorisation.

Could someone pleeeease upload the handbook of Smart cards(CRC)?It's really important.
Thanks in advance

The smart card is categorized to some type:

1- Contact smart card ( memory card, smart memory, microcontroller card)
2- contactless card
3- hybrid card
I propose that for the first you start with SLE4428 card ( smart memory) and PCSC reader. we can provide you both. Also we can help you to develope your application.
**broken link removed**
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back