Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you tell me what is this component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strahd_von_zarovich

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am trying to repair one of my circuits and I figured out that the component below is damaged. Can you tell me what this component is? It was on a RF line (150MHz) and 2 of pins are short and connected to ground.

IMG-1307.jpg

Thanks is advance.
Canberk

It resembles a microwave transistor. Radio Shack carried the MRF901. It has 4 terminals similar to your photograph. Ebay had or has a listing for the same transistor.

I think it says "06" on it. That probably makes it an MSA0886 MMIC which has two ground pins and is an RF amplifier. There are hundreds of devices in that package style though so without seeing the schematic or at least a good photograph showing how it is connected, nobody can be sure.

A quick check: Power it up without the part fitted and measure the voltage on the board. If it's a transistor there will be voltage on the two ungrounded pins, if it's a MMIC, it will only have voltage on one of the pins because MMICs have internal bias supplies.

Brian.

Thanks everybody,
Here is the schematic of the component's region. Circular one is this component, looks like it may be both transistor and amplifier. Two pins connected to ground may be emitter, and output is collector maybe?
IMG-1311.JPG

Canberk

We really need to see what is connected to the input (bottom of the image) if it is capacitively coupled (no bias resistor) it is a MMIC. MAR6 if it is a '6', or if Klaus' eyesight is better than mine (quite likely) it could be a MAR3, both from Minicircuits:
**broken link removed**

Brian.

We really need to see what is connected to the input (bottom of the image) if it is capacitively coupled (no bias resistor) it is a MMIC. MAR6 if it is a '6', or if Klaus' eyesight is better than mine (quite likely) it could be a MAR3, both from Minicircuits:
**broken link removed**

Brian.

Yes it is AC coupled, and it is definitely MAR-3 , thank you very much everybody.

Canberk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back