Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to minimise stepper motor vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am controlling two stepper motor to draw a circle in a small model of CNC. I have made a circle, but now the motor is producing a lot of vibration. I am using NEMA 17 stepper motor of current rating 2 amps, and giving supply with L298(not a stepper motor driver) of 12V. When the motor is rotating at its maximum speed the motor does not produce any noise but as the delay increase and motor starts reducing its speed it produces too much sound. I have used full stepping to rotate the motor. What would be the cause of this sound or vibration. and How can overcome this issue?

Thank you.
Regards

Hi,

* half step mode
* microstep mode
* mechanical damping.

It´s a known behaviour of stepper, thus there are lot of documents and solutions available. Do a search.
* Every stepper motor manufacturer should provide informations.
* Every stepper controller module manufacturer should provide informations.
* Every stepper controller IC manufacturer should provide informations.

It´s not clear how you currently dirve the motor: in constant voltage mode or constant current mode.
Recommended is: constant current mode.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.