Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to run a .pl format program ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Problem with Perl

Hello,

I just downloaded perl for windows from activestate.com, after installing it, i wrote a program in note pad and saved it with the .pl extension. but the problem i have is where to run the program i have written. i just dont know how to run the program. could someone give me a helping hand. please.

Re: Problem with Perl

On the DOS prompt move into the directory where U have the perl software, using the proper pathname
type perl <filemame.pl>

Problem with Perl

Hi

OR

write a simple windows batch file ".bat" and invoke your program inside of it. Then run the bat file.

tnx

Problem with Perl

In DOS prompt you enter you file.pl directory,then use the command: perl file.pl

OR, as jimjim2k said: create a .bat file type the following line in your bat file:
perl file.pl

Your file.pl must be current directory.

Problem with Perl

Use full path name of perl file as a parameter of perl, then file.pl can be in any directory.

Problem with Perl

first check ur system variables whether the perl is set in path & ur try.pl file for the same interpeter variable

Hughes said:
Use full path name of perl file as a parameter of perl, then file.pl can be in any directory.

Hi

This is critical only when you are invoking cgi-bin perl scripts in M$windows.
In this case you must specify windows local path to perl in the first line of perl

#!/usr/bin/perl

->

#!c:/mypath/myperl/perl

tnx

Problem with Perl

where can i download perl software? thanks

search for cpan sites using google or active state perl site

Problem with Perl

check your PATH setting for the perl first, then
you can use PATHEXT setting to run the perl script
directly :)