Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Observation points for Fault grading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmk423

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Why is it that adding an input port as an observation point doesn't contribute to the fault coverage while outputs & inouts add up to the coverage?

Thanks,
RMK

Inputs are observable by definition. I think that is your answer, but I am confused by what you actually mean.

Actually, I would like to understand, what observation nodes can we strobe in Digital Fault grading & how to choose them, what are the things to be considered to choose a node as an observation point?

Actually, I would like to understand, what observation nodes can we strobe in Digital Fault grading & how to choose them, what are the things to be considered to choose a node as an observation point?

are you familiar with the concepts of fault controllability and fault observability? I would start from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back