Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To improve performance of car subwoofer & FM reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elucid

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This may be similar to my situation or problem. In Subwoofers, the reduction in bass frequencies is so no power is drwan from the amplifier. In having it efficiently working, does resonant frequency come into play when dealing with minimizing distortion of the FM signals in a subwoofer? Car radio system problem, power & frequency reception.

Hi,

I don't understand what "FM" has to to with subwoofer.
Don't mix different problems.
Please give a sketch of one problem you want to ask and elaborate one question only.

Klaus

Ok. So FM signals has a narrower bandwidth than AM signals. But with a subwoofer the power source drawn is through an amplifier. I just joined some reading club and I tailored it to car electronics. The amplifier draws power from the AC/DC, where as the FM signals are drawn to have almost no power needed from a car stereo signal rectifier. I hope I got this straight now.

Re: To improve performance of car subwoofer & FM reception

That is utter nonsense!

FM signal use a far wider bandwidth than AM ones, typically 150KHz versus 9KHz but that is irrelevant anyway. The power drawn from AM and FM systems is similar and negligible compared to the amplifier, again maybe 0.25W versus tens or hundreds of Watts in the amplifier. What has a rectifier got to do with it?

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back