Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mod % vs divider (are they synthesizable?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanford

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is mod (%) operation synthesizable?

If so, what does it get synthesize into? what does it look like. I'm just wondering if mod can be synthesized, why dividers cannot be synthesized.

is mod (%) operation synthesizable?

If so, what does it get synthesize into? what does it look like. I'm just wondering if mod can be synthesized, why dividers cannot be synthesized.

Yes, they do synthesize. Draw a truth table and get your circuit. Mod circuits are used in clock divider circuits.

Dividers are of course synthesizable, the same with mod operation (the remainder sub circuit of a divider). Question is if your synthesis tool supports it.

I believe it's of little use to post generalized questions without specifying the context.

Adding to what is pointed out by FvM in #3,

why don't you look inside the reference_manual of the synthesis tool you want to use/using!
There won't be a direct answer to your question there, but you can get hints.

Adding to what is pointed out by FvM in #3,

why don't you look inside the reference_manual of the synthesis tool you want to use/using!
There won't be a direct answer to your question there, but you can get hints.

I see, i was under the impression that no synthesis tool support the div (/) operation, but mod (%) can be.

I see, i was under the impression that no synthesis tool support the div (/) operation, but mod (%) can be.

depends on the tool. division by by a power of two, or mod/rem with a power of two are easy to implement. The only confusing part is if arguments can be negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back