Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] circuit analysis and behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkongjong

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

This circuits behavior confuses me. I was wondering why does R3 have negative current. The output from the op amp is positive voltage and the led has positive current. So why does the resistor have negative current. Screen shots below will provide more details. the highlighted part is the part I am probing. The graph represents the voltage or current in the highlighted parts.

ledcurrent.PNG

R3.PNG

opampoutput.PNG

When you place the "mouse" over the component, it shows the direction in which the current is measured. Check the direction again.

You could try flipping the resistor 180 degrees.

LMFAO, good one barry... :clap: :thumbsup:

This has cheered me up for the day and given me a good and
unexpected laugh... Once again, good one barry... ;-)
Regards,
Relayer

Actually, I was serious. If the simulator picks pin 1 as the positive end of the resistor, but it's connected to the low potential of the circuit, current will be "negative".

Status
Not open for further replies.