Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Microprocessor with Gigabit Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollittm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been tasked to find a en embedded processor that has gigabit ethernet MAC. PHY would be a plus but I don't think such a thing exists beyond custom SOCs.

From some digging I have found the following:

• Texas Instruments Sitara family, Cortex A8, A9, A15, possibly others
  • Texas Instruments Tiva-C MCU family, Cortex M4
  • NXP i.MX7 family, cortex A7
  • Microchip SAMAD5 family, Cortex A5
  • On not-ARM side we have NXP MPC83xx family, based on PowerPC e300

Am I missing a vendor here? Specifically something you can go out and buy 1k lot of. I know Broadcom et al have SOCs but you have to ask for six figures for them to answer your emails.

Hi,

ST:
STM32xx type microcontrollers

Klaus

Hi,

ST:
STM32xx type microcontrollers

Klaus

Hello,

Do they? I was looking at their selection with their STMCU finder application plus just plain searching. H7 high speed 400MHz family only has 100Mbit MAC.

There's the SPEAr600 MPU but it's marked as NRND/Obsolete.

I found XMOS xCORE XE family but it seems like a completely custom design as far as I can tell.

Hi,

I see you explicitly need "GIGA".

Honestly I don´t know if they support GIGbit..

Klaus

Tiva-C is incorrect, it's 100Mbit only. Apparently NXP i.Mx6 also has Gbe on some models but due to errata it's max 420Mbit/s or so, not that it matters for this application.

Anyways, I think that pretty much rounds it up except for tier 1 vendors which won't talk to you for such paltry volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.