Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for calculating capacitor and inductors value for dc/dc power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

tronicman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Untitled.png

hello, please i want some help in how to calculate the inductors and capacitor value of this circuit knowing that Vin=36-50v and the output has to be 30v 5A

You're missing a lot of information. Switching frequency? Allowable ripple?

You're missing a lot of information. Switching frequency? Allowable ripple?

thanks for reply: for switching frequency 200 khz and a a ripple of 0.1%

That's a fairly complex circuit to analyze (at least, for me). You'll need to calculate the voltages and currents for the different states, i.e., when each of the switches are closed and opened. I don't know of any simple formula you can just plug in. Perhaps the source where you took that diagram from has the applicable equations?

As a general rule, if inductors are too large Henry value, they act as chokes and you'll get less than your desired 5A throughput at 200 kHz.

If C1 is too small Farad value, it charges/ discharges quickly and you won't get 5A throughput.

Status
Not open for further replies.