Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full bridge submodule for MMC based on 600V, 30A Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

akh_power

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I don't have any previous hardware experience. I have to make an modular multilevel converter(MMC) based on full-bridge submodule. I am planning to make the submodule based on 600V, 30A MOSFET with the gate-driver on the same PCB. Please help me in selecting the MOSFET and gate driver for the application. There are lot of MOSFETs and gate-driver ICs available. What would be the best one, from your experience. This is my first post in edaboard any advice will be a great help and motivation for me. Thank you

Hi,

What would be the best one, from your experience.
My experience: There is no global "best one". If there was, why do you think there are so much others?

"Best" is useless, until you say in which regard.

Each application has it´s own specifications and thus there are many "best".

Klaus

Can I use TLP350 to drive the infineon IPW60R125P6 mosfets?

Is this your topology: ?
https://www.elprocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/5-H-Bridge-Multilevel-Inverter.jpg

You didn't give enough information to really help but I'll give a couple suggestions anyway:
For gate drivers look to SILabs and their isolated line (competitive regardless of whether you need the actual isolation):
https://www.silabs.com/products/isolation/isolated-gate-drivers

For mosfets I think infineon is the easiest to shop from. They explain their different lines well, what the pros and cons are, and have many choices within those lines (particularly Rdson choices).

I don't know enough to critique that specific choice except perhaps look at the newer P7 line. What's your control, scheme? How fast are you switching? Are you actually pushing 30A? Continuously or peak?

Yes, the toplogy is what you have shown. My switching frequency will be less than 2 kHz. The current will not exceed 20A. The devices are a little over rated.
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back