Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ltc3108 energy harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibooze

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate the total load current during the burst and charging current

as for selective Vout 5V how much load current one can generate?

There are Youtube videos about energy harvesting. From what I can see an experimenter is glad if he gets a few uA @ 4 V.

Remember the simple 'crystal' radio set? With no battery you can hear broadcasts in headphones (high impedance type). If you're near a transmitter then you'll generate more power.

The load current is mainly limited by the available input voltage and step-up transformer ratio. Review the respective data sheet diagrams. There are diagrams for Vout = 4.5V, not so far from the intended operation point.

as if my Input voltage is 500mV and i am getting 5V then how much current i get on Vout ?

so that means we can get only micro Amperes in output?

Did you read the data sheet at all? It says about 3 mA with 1:20 transformer and 500 mV input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back